Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 12

Ok, Ok, I am falling on my sword, here. I'm not so great at posting every day, so I'll try to get as much as I can in when I do manage to post.

I've only lost 2.5 lbs, and that is very disappointing to me. I've been working hard and sticking to the diet, though I suspect my calorie intake is higher than it should be. We've been experimenting with all sorts of gluten free/healthy snack recipes which are yummy, but the calories are often higher with the GF recipes. I'm trying to keep in focus here and I hope that the pounds will start to come off - that is my major goal with this program after all - but I also realize that I need to take responsibility for all the calories that are going in my mouth, even if they are "healthy" calories.

The exercise routines are well thought out and I like most of them. I'm getting really tired of the Power circuit though. The DB matrix this morning was a welcome change! I had some issues with the full situps and the legovers as I wasn't able to fully complete the exercise, but I tried those exercises again this afternoon and I was able to struggle through them. It felt really great to know that I could do them even though it had looked hopeless this morning.

The low carb food days are really not making me happy. I understand why we're doing them, but I just miss fruit. I find myself snacking on more caloric stuff that is allowed on low carb days than I normally would because I'm really trying to get that sweet taste. Again, I need to take charge of the situation. Time to put on my big girl panties and SUCK IT UP!!

Also, congratulations to all of you out there who are melting away! I'm proud of you all!

Onward to my last workout of the evening, bed, and then day 13. I'll be spending it by the pool and hopefully playing some volleyball (and not stinking it up too badly!). Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin!

    You sound happy - that's really nice to read. Well done on the weight loss - it's more than some, and I sympathise with the low carb goodies too! I made some almond flour cookies, which are lovely, but 136 cals each! Oh my - special treats I think! :o) Well sone, and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete