Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 8

Well, it's been an interesting 8 days. I've gone from sore to strong and back to sore. Apparently I have some issues with my ITband, so this will present an extra challenge for the workouts.

So let's focus on the food. In addition to the Elimination Diet, Dax has us keeping to low carb selections within the ED realm. At first I was PISSED OFF because I love my fruit, and this is the most perfect time of year for it. The stores and farmer's markets are postively bursting with lovely items that are only here for a few short weeks, and I look forward to this time all year long. Oh, well, I guess I'll have to cram more stuff in my tiny freezer.

My next dilemma was what to eat. Meals aren't so much of a problem, but what about a snack or two? Nuts are so calorie dense that they don't work well for someone like me trying to lose weight. A boiled egg? Snore. Annette and I are trying to find other options, but it is quite difficult. We'll figure it out though. She's got a recipe for rosemary "crackers" made with almond flour that looks tasty, so hopefully it will serve the snack craving.

Tonight's dinner turned out very well. It was chicken breasts cut into small pieces, sauteed in a bit of coconut oil with salt, pepper, curry, ginger, garlic, onion powder, unsweetened coconut, and sesame seeds; cauliflower roasted with salt, pepper, olive oil, and topped with nutritional yeast; and brussell sprouts quartered and also roasted with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Tasty!

So it's off to do the last workout of the evening. Cheers, everyone, and check out http://daxmoy.ning.com/ if you want to learn more about what I'm doing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment