Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 9

Day 3 of low carb is almost over, and I am so ready for tomorrow. I've been entertaining fantasies of what I am going to "indulge" in tomorrow. A banana in my green smoothie for breakfast. Fresh pineapple and melon for a snack. Popcorn with nutritional yeast! I'm so excited!! And I don't have to snack on nuts! Bonus!

Of course, what I find funny about this whole thing is that the things I'm looking forward to tomorrow would have been superceded a few weeks ago by chocolate, sugar, and caffeine! Who would have ever thought I would look forward to a banana?

As for the exercise, I decided to skip last night's workout in favor of some hard core stretching on my IT band. It seemed to pay off, because this morning's ICP wasn't so bad. Power circuit at lunch was also not so bad though the addition of 2 reps every day is definitely starting to add up! An early powerwalk before it got too hot (well, actually that didn't work - it was ridiculously soupy out this morning so I got sweaty anyway), and then tonight's Pyramid will finish off the workouts for the day.

On the pyramid, I'm not under 20 minutes, but I still complete the whole thing. I've done it twice now, and shaved about 30 seconds off between the two. There's only room for improvement from now on!

So goodnight everyone, and enjoy tomorrow's carbs!

2 comments:

  1. I've had one yogurt and an apricot already! How we indulge on these binge days! :o) I quite agree about what I used to look forward to, and what constitutes "luxury" now! :o) Enjoy your banana and have a great day!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its funny, after a few days low carb the regular ED seems like a gourmet fantasy land! Well done Robin, I am so glad you are doing this with me, its just so much more fun! And I made a double batch crackers again last night, which we can save for the next 3 days... Let's enjoy today!!!

    ReplyDelete