Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 20

A quick note to all of my friends who have been leaving comments on my blog: I don't get any notifications when you post, so if I don't specifically check, I have no way of knowing you posted. All of your comments are greatly appreciated, and I swear I'm not ignoring you by not commenting back! How do I get notified when someone comments on my blog?

We are 2/3 of the way there!! Last night I got home after a very long week at work and a day of fasting. I walked in the house, heated up some chix with almonds and olives (one of my favorite recipes, and it's ED/low carb friendly!! Score!) and some roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli, and tucked in. (Aside, to all my British friends out there - notice how I slipped in the oh-so-British "tucked in"? You guys are rubbing off on me! LOL!) It was yummy, and I was very grateful for the meal after a day of fasting. Sad thing, though, is that after dinner I moved over to the couch to write my blog, and fell asleep on the couch with my laptop perched precariously. I have no idea what time I fell asleep (around 8:30?), but I woke up at 10:45 pm and then went straight up to bed. So yep, you guessed it, no workout last night.

Surprisingly, yesterday's fasting was not so bad. Sure, I was hungry at certain points, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I was definitely looking forward to my evening meal, though. Of course there were a few challenges during the day. We had a little going away party for a dear co-worker yesterday, and our corporate chefs made this gorgeous banana pudding cake which looked and smelled divine, but I didn't have any. I do admit, however, to actually feeling my mouth water when I smelled the cake. Heaven! The chefs were also doing some experiments with choux buns at one point, and they looked sooooo yummy, but again, I abstained.

As of this morning I am down 6 lbs., weighing in at 170 lbs. Getting below 170 will be a huge milestone for me, and a very welcome one at that. Today brings my total weight loss to 55 lbs. since starting in January '09. I'm grateful to Dax for this program (http://www.mylondonpersonaltrainer.com/) that helped me break my plateau, and to Annette for making me motivated enough to try this in the first place.

I do have some concerns about next weekend. My brother is FINALLY getting married, and I am making the wedding cake. I always sample the icing and the cake to make sure that it came out properly and to make sure I didn't do something stupid like forget the eggs or substitute salt for sugar. Also, on our schedule, next Saturday is a fast day. Yikes. This however may be a blessing in disguise as this is going to be an occasion that will more than likely NOT be ED friendly in any way. Oh, give me strength.

And now a few thoughts on the new workouts. Well it's actually the same thought over and over again. Evil, Evil, Evil. The first dive bomber is fine, the second is OK, then 3 - 8 are agony! For me though, the worst is those darn rollup/standup thingies. Yeah, my ass doesn't leave the floor for those. Also, the squatting down part is not very fun. I had to put a pillow under my butt because there is no graceful placing of the buttocks on the floor. It's more like a thud that makes the light fixtures shake. My shoulders and arms are very sore after these workouts, and I am spent when done!

So that's all for today. I'll be doing housework and working on the gum paste flowers for my brother's wedding cake, then tomorrow will be spent at the pool and playing volleyball! Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    "Tucked in" is perfect - you see we get it right sometimes! :o) As for comments - you can add an email notification by going to your 'Dashboard' (top right) - then choose 'Settings' then the tab that says 'Comments' and finally - down the bottom of that page, you can add your email where notificiations go.

    Your weight loss is simply stunning - well done you! You seem to have it all sorted - I love the idea of the pillow under the butt for those awful new exercises. I bought a sleeping mat down from the attic, but it's not padded enough for mine :o) I'll try a pillow next!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Sue! I'm going to check out that suggestion about the notifications right now. Have a fabulous weekend, and I'm going to try to as well, as soon as I can pull myself away from the TV (watching Nadal struggle at Wimbledon).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 pounds Robin!! I am very very happy for you! I guess we need to do some more shopping for you soon??? So glad the fast was okay for you, I was a little worried... So we will do one a week going forward together?:-)
    I will see you at the pool tomorrow, I have to to to Holy Cross though as Dennis is in the hospital until at least Monday. So far not a good weekend, will tell you more later!

    ReplyDelete