Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 16?

Hello again, all. Well I have survived over half of Dax's program (http://www.mylondonpersonaltrainer.com/) and I am feeling stronger but also quite sore. I need to incorporate more stretching into my routine and I think that will take care of it, but for now my quads are screaming for a little break. I'm going to skip this evening's 4th workout and instead do some heavy stretching, then get into bed.

After lamenting about the slow weight loss in my last post, the next morning I stepped on the scale and had lost 2 pounds. For some strange reason, I put back on 1.5 over the past few days (FRUSTRATING!), but I have to keep repeating my mantra: it's water weight, it's water weight, it's water weight.

Diet-wise, I've been sticking to the letter of the law, but for some strange reason today I have been filled with lusty thoughts of chocolate and sweets. It's very distracting. Since this is day 2 of low carb, I can't satisfy that lusty feeling with some fruit (I have some GORGEOUS strawberries in the fridge calling my name) so I've been feeling very unsatisfied today. I've been trying to cut back on the nuts and seeds as well because they are so calorie dense and they are not what I really want in the first place.

Last night was my company's big charity event, Sweet Charity. Chefs from all over DC come out with their stunning creations much to the delight of everyone in attendance. Also, there is a chocolate fashion show where chefs and pastry chefs can show off their talents dressing real people in edible creations. It's a really big deal, supporting a great cause: giving underpriviledged and at-risk children books of their own to help them grow into productive citizens. Anyhoo, there was temptation EVERYWHERE! But Annette and I stayed strong and managed to not stray badly (though at one point I was completely drooling over the martini bar and the chocolate treats that were available). Maybe that's where the lustiness is coming from today.

The weekend was spent at the pool both days, with some volleyball thrown in on Sunday. Man, I suck at it, but I have fun and give it my all, so that's all that matters I guess. After all, I don't think any of us VB'ers are going to join the AVP tour.

Well, off to bed for me after stretching. Keep up the good fight everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Robin, I am just so proud of you for staying the course and being so commited!! Love having you as my partner in crime :-)
    Hopefully today will be better in terms of cravings, and the berries will be all yours (and mine??) tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin - That food fest sounds like a nightmare! I even hate going to the supermarket now because it's full of stuff I can't have! :o) Well done for sticking at it and being so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought I was surviving temptation well from still shopping and cooking a normal diet for everyone else! That must have been a nightmare - well done you!

    ReplyDelete